Saturday, March 14, 2009

Publishing Deal???

About three months ago I submitted a query to a publishing company. That night I got a response from the President of the company. It impressed me and unnerved me at the same time. Why would the President of the publishing company be doing this kind of call?

During the call he interviewed me on my ability to verbally communicate. He told me that it was as important as my writing. He told me that authors need to be able to market themselves and cannot be hermits. He said he considers the author as much or more than his content in the book.

He asked me to send him the first chapter, I suggested the first three.

Three weeks later he called and asked me to send him the whole manuscript. I did, and then I waited. I've been waiting since the beginning of February.

Today he called and he said he wanted to send me a proposal, not a contract but a proposal. He liked my book up to the point he had read and he knew he was ready. So, later tonight or tomorrow i will get a proposal in my inbox of AOL.

So, I guess this means I have a publishing deal, if I want it.


Do you think I want it?

No comments: